If you do a quick Google shopping search for interior rolling barn door prices, you’ll notice they range from sub-$100 hardware kits, to Custom Service Hardware’s price point of $219‒$379, to the steeper prices of $500 or more. What’s the explanation for this sizeable price gap?
The answer is simple: Chinese imports versus American-made hardware. Custom Service Hardware was among the first companies to offer hardware kits for interior rolling barn doors. Our hardware ranged from rustic styles to modern and trendy designs, and they proved a popular choice for our customer’s homes. In recent years, however, the market has become flooded with imported, low-priced versions of our rolling barn door hardware.
If you’re considering the practical and aesthetic benefits of installing an interior rolling barn door in your own home, which do you choose?
Let’s evaluate the pros and cons of purchasing an imported rolling barn door hardware kit
Here are the pros:
- They’re inexpensive.
That’s it. You don’t need to spend a whole lot of money to install one of these in your home. However, if you’re a careful shopper (or contractor, or experienced do-it-yourselfer), you already know that the price of an item is hardly the only aspect worth taking into consideration.
And now for the cons:
- The level of hardware quality is anyone’s guess.
- They come in limited finish options (usually black or dark brown, or sometimes even unfinished).
- The strap styles (the metal loops at the top) are usually plain and have no customization options.
- They tend to come in 6’ length only.
- They are often designed in metric. If there are predrilled holes in the rail, this may mean that those holes will not line up with the studs in the walls of American homes. The online product listing may leave this information out.
- Good luck trying to follow the incomprehensible printed instruction sheet—if you get one at all.
If you decide to try an imported kit for a rolling barn door, you’ll likely deal with several or all of these issues. Not only are you unable to count on the quality of the product, but you’ll also be extremely limited in options and customization. You might even end up with a nightmare construction project on your hands. These imports may boast low prices, but are you willing to risk spending your money and valuable time on a home project that might not turn out the way you hope?
Here’s why CSH’s rolling barn doors are a much more worthwhile investment:
- You’ll get exactly the look you want, with as many customization options as you can imagine. Do you want to buy a standard rolling barn door kit and not worry too much about customization? You can do that. Would you rather choose an oil-rubbed bronze finish, four Palm-Leis-style straps, two round, four-foot rails, and any of the ten different styles of hand-forged handles for your two 1‒1/2” doors? With the easy order form, you can customize all those options and more (Check out these amazing ideas on creative ways to use custom rolling barn door kits).
- Installation of the door will be as efficient as possible with our clear, well-written printed instructions. Or, if you’d rather see a hands-on demonstration, look at our step-by-step, HD video walkthroughs.
- Our helpful and knowledgeable customer service team are here to answer your technical questions, give you advice, and help you through your ordering process. Just take a look at our customer testimonials page to see what people are saying about their experiences with top-notch CSH customer service and products.
- With every sale of a rolling barn door kit, CSH includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects. We believe in the quality of our products and want you to have peace of mind about your purchase.
- You’ll be supporting a local Wisconsin company which, in turn, supports five other local companies that send CSH parts we need to manufacture our high-quality, made-in-America rolling barn door kits and other products.
Your home deserves your best. Choose a rolling barn door kit from the company that provides quality products and service—you won’t regret your decision.