Wouldn’t it be convenient to be able to access a drawer from both sides of a piece of furniture in your kitchen, living room, or workshop? You can do just that with a set of two way drawer slides! Here’s how they work:
For a project like this, we recommend using Accuride’s two-way drawer slides for a few reasons:
- They’re purpose-built to allow two-way travel, providing easy access from either side of the case or cabinet
- Full extension in both directions from center point allows complete access to contents
- Hold-in detent at center point keeps drawers or trays in position until use
- They can handle a load of up to 100 lb and are tested to 80,000 cycles
How To Install
NOTE: The centerline for the cabinet member holes should be a minimum of .95″ [24 mm] from the bottom of the cabinet opening (figure 1).
Pre-drill the holes for the cabinet member (figure 3). Install the slide outer members to the cabinet using #8 pan head screws (figure 4). Make sure slides are parallel.
Pre-drill holes for drawer member (figure 5). Install drawer member using #8 screws (not included). Do not tighten screws at this time. Cycle drawer at least twice in both directions to allow drawer to self adjust. Tighten all screws (See figure 5 and 5a). There should be no sign of stiffness or binding.
- If drawer fronts are required, they must be notched to clear the stationary member of the slide. See figure 2.
- For maximum load capacity, use all mounting holes (figure 5b)