Our amazing engineers have created an innovative new way for a rolling ladder that can go around an outside corner, up to even 90°! If you’ve ever been limited by corners in a rolling ladder installation you were planning, now’s your chance to get it done!
Here’s how to install it.
Installing the Upper “U” Guide Hardware
- Make a mark 8” down from the tip of the ladder on both ladder side rails
2. Position the Upper “U” Guide onto the ladder flush to the mark. Using a #9 Vix Bit or a 1/8” drill bit, predrill the 2 fastener holes. (Predrilling these holes in the edge of the ladder side rails is VERY important to avoid splitting the wood).
3. Use the supplied #10 x ¾” long Phillips drive, flat-head screws to secure the two Upper “U” Guides to the top of the ladder.
4. Using a ¼” drill bit, drill out the holes for the nut cap/threaded rod on the sides of the ladder. Recommended procedure for this:
- Using the holes in the Upper “U” Guide as a drill guide, drill a 1/4” hole halfway
- through the thickness of the ladder slide rail.
- Drill the same hole on the opposite side of the Upper “U” Guide, producing a 1/4”
- through hole in the ladder side rail.
- Follow this same procedure for all four through holes and complete the assembly by
- securing the Upper “U” Guide to the ladder with the supplied nut caps and KD bolts
Installing the Upper Swivel Roller Assembly
- Place the Upper Swivel Roller Assemblies onto the Cross-Brace Support Brackets.
2. Using the supplied ¼-20 KD bolts and acorn nuts, secure these assemblies onto the brackets.
Installing the Cross-Brace Assembly onto the Ladder
- Place the Cross-Brace Assembly onto the Upper “U” Guide with the Upper Swivel Roller Assembly facing away from the ladder and the angled Cross-Brace Support Brackets pointing down towards the bottom of the ladder.
2. Align the Cross-Brace Assembly flush with the Upper “U” Guides and predrill the fastener holes using a #9 Vix bit or a 1/8” drill bit. (predrilling these holes in the edge of the ladder side rails is VERY important to avoid splitting the wood)
3. Using the supplied #10 Oval-head Phillips Drive 1 3/4” screws, secure the Cross-Brace Assembly to the ladder side rails
The ladder with the outside 90-degree curve rail hardware is now ready to attach to the QG. rail system!
Note: in order to use the outside corner hardware kit, you must also use the swivel rolling hardware kit, which you can find here or in the easy order form.